Virat Kohli Fastest To Reach 10,000 Run Mark, Joins The Elite Club
Team India is playing its 950th one-day international game against WestIndies at Vizag and captain Virat Kohli who has centuries for breakfast has reached another milestone and its no smaller feat.
Virat Kohli have reached the 10,000 run mark in one day internationals, making him the fastest to reach the milestone. Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar took 259 innings for his 10,000 runs, Kohli has done it in 205 innings, 54 lesser than Tendulkar.
Kohli has become the 13th batsman to reach the 10,000 run mark after Sachin Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, Ricky Ponting, Jacques Kallis, M.S.Dhoni, Brian Lara, Rahul Dravid, Tilakratne Dilshan, Kumar Sangakkara, Inzamam-ul-Haq, Sanath Jayasuriya and Mahela Jayawardene.
Kohli has the highest batting average of 59.07, the highest of all batsmen playing minimum 50 innings.
Fastest to reach the 10,000 run mark :
- Virat Kohli : 205 innings, 10 years and 67 days
- Sachin Tendulkar: 259 innings, 11 years and 103 days
- Sourav Ganguly: 263 innings, 13 years and 204 days
- Ricky Ponting: 266 innings, 12 years and 37 days
- Jacques Kallis: 272 innings, 13 years and 14 days
- M.S. Dhoni: 273 innings, 13 years and 203 days
- Brian Lara: 278 innings, 16 years and 37 days
- Rahul Dravid: 287 innings, 10 years and 317 days
- T. Dilshan: 293 innings, 15 years and 227 days
- K. Sangakkara: 296 innings, 11 years and 227 days
- Inzamam-ul-Haq: 299 innings, 12 years and 302 days
- Sanath Jayasuriya: 328 innings, 15 years and 226 days
- Mahela Jayawardene: 333 innings, 13 years and 298 days