Short paragraph on Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
Paragraph on Indian Council for Cultural Relations
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is a government sponsored autonomous body.
- It establishes and promotes cultural relations and exchanges between India and other countries;
- Regional offices in Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, Suva (Fiji), Georgetown (Guyana) and San Francisco (USA);
- It cooperates with national international organizations in the sphere of culture;
- It develops Indian studies abroad; sends abroad exhibitions of art, literature, etc.,
- It invites foreign scholars to India for education in their culture;
- It organizes summer and holiday camps for foreign students (specially Indian Government scholars);
- It organizes cultural functions;
- It administers Jawaharlal Nehru Award for International Understanding;
- It organizes Azad Memorial lectures; presents art objects, books, etc., abroad;
- It also holds essay competitions;
Indian Council for Cultural Relations establishes Indian culture centers for Indian students abroad; supplies material in India for foreign educational and allied institutions.