Short essay on Summer Season
Description: The summer starts in India from the beginning of March and continues up to June. Up to February the rays of the sun are soothing and we like to bask in the sun. But in March the season changes. The sun-rays become hotter day by day and we begin to get perspiration. The entire earth becomes heated in this season.
Morning: In summer, the few hours of the morning are pleasant. In March the sun does not become too hot before noon. But by April the sun becomes hot by 10 a.m.
Afternoon: The sun becomes very hot by noon in May and June and scorching winds also begin to blow. People cannot come out of their homes and all work remains suspended till evening. They cannot work even inside their houses because of heat. Moreover, they do not feel energetic and a sort of dullness comes over them. They feel sleepy in the afternoon. They shut all doors and take rest in the coolest part of the building.
Evening and Night: People do not get relief even in the evening and at night. They cannot sleep comfortably at night on account of heat.
Other Discomforts: Summer causes inconvenience in many other ways.
- The hot wind causes much thirst, but people cannot get cool water. People become very tired and their throats get parched.
- Rivers, streams and ponds dry up and cause scarcity of water. It adds to the difficulty of the people.
- Even birds and beasts feel thirsty and run from place to place in search of water.
- Many people, birds, and beasts die as a result of sunstroke.
- Many fatal diseases, such as cholera, small-pox, etc. breaks out in the summer season.
- The plants, herbs and shrub get dried up because of the scorching sun and hot winds.
Relief in Towns: People in town have got many amenities which are not available to the villagers. Therefore, townsmen can reduce the discomforts of summer to a great extent, if they can afford to spend money. In towns, people get electric fans, air-conditioners, etc. to cool them and ice to quench their thirst.
Conclusion: In spite of these disadvantages the farmers welcome the summer, because it brings the clouds which give them rain. Though we dislike the heat and dust of the summer, we await it anxiously because we get sweet mangoes during this season.