Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday inaugurated National Museum of Indian Cinema in Mumbai. He also visited the National Museum.
The National Museum of Indian Cinema has been set up to showcase the rich cinematic history of India as well as to encapsulate socio-cultural history of India as revealed through evolution of Cinema.
It will take the visitors through an absorbing journey of more than a century of Indian Cinema in a story telling mode with the help of visuals and graphics, film clippings, artifacts, publicity materials, interactive exhibits and many more.
Located at Films Division Complex in South Mumbai, it is spread over two buildings, in the historic Gulshan Mahal and New Museum Building.
Addressing the function, Prime MInister said film is a mirror of social reality. Prime minister also said that our films represent our country at global level.
Prime Minister also said that films can a major role in boosting tourism in the country.
Prime Minister also said that apart from doing ease of doing business, government is also committed to easing of filming. Prime Minister said that, the industry will be getting single window clearance for shooting of films.
Prime MInister also said that piracy is major problem. He added that government is working to amend cinematography act to bring stringent punishment against the violators.
Prime minister asked the films fraternity to hold Davos-like summit, to bring all industries at one platform in India. Prime Minister said that government is working on to build a museum to highlight the role of tribals in freedom struggle.
1. PM inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema capturing historical glory of Indian cinema Lesson in History for students of cinema
2. PM inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema organise global cinema summit like Davos Summit to bring all industries at one platform
3. PM inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema museum to highlight role of tribals to come up
4. PM inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema govt to make filming easy in the country single window permission for shooting
5. PM inaugurates National Museum of Indian Cinema Govt to amend cinematography act to prevent piracy