Paragraph on National Archives of India
A brief informative note on National Archives of India
- National Archives of India is one of the largest and best equipped repositories of records east of the Suez; earlier called Imperial Records Department, established in 1891.
- Since 1947 acquired more than half a million files and volumes, manuscripts; maps received from Survey of India;
- official records supplemented by a micro-film library, regarding various aspects connections with India;
- houses a collection of oriental letters ranging from 1765 to 1873;
- has a library of more than a million volumes on modern Indian history and auxiliary subjects;
- microfilm copies of materials of India interest secured from England, France, Holland, Denmark and the USA;
- also acquires private papers of eminent personalization;
- since 1947 has been conducting a diploma course in archives management.