The state of Arunachal Pradesh is located in the North-eastern region of India. The state is called “Land of Rising sun“. The state had diverse range of regional tribes. The state is augmented with hills and valleys. It has the precious treasure of lovely flowers.
1. Largest State: Arunachal Pradesh is the largest among the North-eastern states in terms of land area, even larger than Assam. It is surrounded by Assam and Nagaland.
2. Language: It has the maximum number of regional languages in India. English is used as Official Language.
3. International borders: The state borders with Bhutan and China in the East and North respectively.
4. Capital City: Itanagar is the capital city of the state Arunachal Pradesh.
5. Heavy Rainfall: The state of Arunachal Pradesh witnesses heavy rainfall between May and September.
6. Road: The state has two National Highways. All major towns are well connected with Assam.
7. Railway: A railway network is being planned which will connect Arunachal Pradesh with other states of India.
8. Tibeto-burman Origin: The majority of the people of Arunachal Pradesh are of Tibeto-Burman origin.
9. Low Mountain ranges: The himalayan ranges that extends to Arunachal Pradesh are low mountain ranges compared to Greater Himalayan ranges.
10. Places to Visit: (a) Parshuramkund in the Lohit district, (b) Bomdila, (c) Tawang Monastery in Kameng district, (d) Mandapa Wild Life Sanctuary, (e) Ita Fort at Itanagar.
11. Major Festivals: Losar, Dree, Solung and Reh are the major festivals in the State of Arunachal Pradesh.