Facts about Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh is the largest among the four states in South India. Please find below some important facts about Andhra Pradesh.
1. Land area: It is 4th largest in India by land area.
2. Fifth most populous State: It is the 5th most populous state in India with population of more than 84.5 million people
3. Capital City: Hyderabad, the largest city in Andhra Pradesh, is the Capital City.
4. Language: The most spoken language of Andhra Pradesh is Telugu.
5. Hot Climate: The climate of Andhra Pradesh is hot and the temperature shoots up to 45 degree Celsius during summer.
6. Rice Bowl of India: More than 77 percent of the crop produced in Andhra Pradesh is Rice.
7. Staple Food: Rice is the staple food of Andhra Pradesh.
8. Longest Coastline: The coastline of Andhra Pradesh is longest in India.
9. Major Rivers: The major rivers of the state are Godavari and Krishna. River Godavari forms one of the biggest river basins in India.
10. Major Cities: The major cities of the state are Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Warangal and Tirupati.
11. Official Language: Telugu is the primary official language in Andhra Pradesh. Urdu is the co-official language.
12. Best season to visit: The best season to visit Andhra Pradesh is between November and March.
13. Producer of World Famous Diamonds: Golconda. in Andhra Pradesh, produced some of the world famous diamonds such as Kohinoor, daryaye noor, etc.
14. Connectivity: Hyderabad is well connected with major cities of India such as Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Chennai. The state also well connected superb railway network.
15. Places to visit : (a) Charminar, Salarjung Museum in Hyderabad, (b) Golconda Fort near Hyderabad, (c) The Lord Venkateswara Balaji Temple at Tirupati, (d) The Warangal Fort at Warangal, (e) Ancient Buddhist Remains at Vijayawada, etc.
Please also read, Interesting Facts about India.