Difference between Bhabhar and Terai
The differences between Bhabhar and Terai have been discussed in brief below :
- Bhabar region lies along the foot of the Siwaliks from the Indus to the Tista. But Terai belt lies to the south of Bhabhar and run parallel to it.
- Bhabhar is 8 to 16 km wide. But Terai is 20 to 30 km wide.
- Bhabhar comprises of pebble-studded rocks in the shape of porous beds. But Terai is composed of comparatively finer alluvium and is covered by forest.
- Bhabhar is to porosity of the rocks; the streams disappear and flow underground. The underground streams of the Bhabar re-emerge on the surface and give birth to marshy area.
- Bhabhars’ region is not much suitable for agriculture. Most parts of the Terai area are reclaimed for agriculture.