Congress Alleges Rs.1,767 Crore Land Scam in Navi Mumbai, Targets Fadnavis
Congress has alleged that government land in Navi Mumbai worth Rs. 1,767 Cr was given to a private builder for just Rs. 3.60 Cr. Congress also alleged that the scam took place with the ‘blessings’ of Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis who also heads the Urban Development Ministry (UDD).
Congress media in-charge Randeep Surjewala, former Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan and Mumbai Congress president Sanjay Nirupam were present at the press conference in Mumbai where they demanded a judicial probe against the “huge land scam”.
What are Congress’ claims ?
On 26 February 2018, the Collector of Raigad, without having any authority to do so, alloted 24 acres of land notified for Central Park at Ranjanpada in Kharghar to eight Koyna dam affected families as a compensation.
The land owned by CIDCO (City and Industrial Development Corporation) worth Rs. 1767 Cr was immediately transferred to project affected families and within a few days sold to Paradise Builders’ Manish Bhatiya and Sanjay Bhalerao for a mere Rs. 3.60 Cr.
The Congress claims that the builders are close friends with BJP legislator Prasad Lad. Lad is apparently very close to CM Fadnavis. CIDCO comes under UDD headed by Fadnavis.
The Congress has posed 6 questions and sought their answers from the CM :
1) What is the special relationship between CIDCO/Urban Development Ministry and Paradise Builders?
2) Does Paradise Builders have special blessings of CM Devendra Fadnavis enabling them to secure a ‘Sweetheart Deal’ ?
3) Isn’t the collusion between the private developer and Government authorities writ large? Who identified the 8 oustee farmers of Koyna Dam? Who identified the prime CIDCO land in Navi Mumbai for them instead of Agricultural land?
4) How could collector, Raigad allot notified area of CIDCO land reserved for Central Park in Navi Mumbai? Why did CIDCO not object to the allotment without de-notification? Why did CIDCO recommend de-notification of land and under whose instructions?
5) Why did the state act as a party to a scheme designed to cheat displaced farmers and evict unassuming indigent families by providing police and other administrative support to a private developer?
6) Does it not make out a clear cut case of violation of law, misuse of public authority, causing loss to exchequer and benefiting a private developer attracting various penal provisions under Indian Penal Code and prevention of corruption act?
BJP’s denies allegations:
The BJP has denied all the allegations saying the Congress is desperate and its allegations are politically motivated.
Prasad Lad has also threatened to file a defamation suit of 500 Crores against the Congress leaders.
(PHOTO INPUT: FACEBOOK/ MUMBAI CONGRESS)